Thursday, April 2, 2009

Extra Pickles Please

Today I experienced the joy that comes when a hungry girl takes a chance on a sandwich. Today I took the leap and asked for extra pickles on my Chick-fila. The guy taking my order didn't even flinch. "OK" he replied. Me: "Can you do that?" Him: "Sure." Like it was no big deal. No big deal!
After assessing that there was no extra charge for my request and overcoming my order anxiety I anticipated the arrival of my sandwich. I was pleased because I thought I would now have enough pickles to cover the surface of the chicken, little did I know what lay in store. To my delight I pulled out a PICKLE sandwich with some chicken. It was a beautiful sight. For the next five minutes (OK, maybe three) I was in heaven. All the stresses of my trip to the mall with a potty training toddler and six week old infant faded away. In those minutes I savored every bite of that chicken sandwich with a stack of pickles and a dip of ranch here and there (If I weren't so worried about looking six months pregnant currently I would have doused the whole thing in ranch!).
Finishing off the last bite I couldn't help but to think of all the chicken sandwiches consumed as they come, with the minimum two pickles. Gone are those days of taking things as they come.
I demand, nay deserve, more from life! I mean my chicken sandwich.

2 comments:

S said...

You go, Dianne! Take what you want! It just feels so right and empowering. The things that can be learned from eating a pickled-chicken sandwich.

Natalie said...

I love pickles too. David usually picks his off and gives them to me. I never thought to ask for extras!