Monday, September 1, 2008

Do you smell something?

That is how every fall begins at my house. Sitting in the car the other day hubby starts sniffing the air.

Hubby: Do you smell something?

Me: No (with a scowl)

Hubby: It's football

Me: Oh boy (mock enthusiasm)


Yep, it's football season and my Saturdays and Sundays, oh yeah and mondays have already taken a hit. Not to worry, I'm pretty sure they've implemented Thursday night and Friday night games as well.

As if it's bad enough that my hubby becomes a couch potatoe for the next four months, but I also have to deal with the ridiculous sports fan behavior. For example, hubby tried to walk out of my house wearing a football jersey to work.

Me: whar are you wearing?

Hubby: My bronco's jersey! (happy as a little school boy)

Me: No, no you are not

Hubby: But it is casual friday!

Me: No way!. Jerseys are reserved for use at home of if you actually play for the team and it is the assigned uniform.

Hubby: (dejected) Fine....


So thank you college football. Thanks NFL. You have not only turned my 30 year old hubby into a 14 year old boy who wears sports gear as clothing but you have also monopolized my TV set and roped me into driving up to Logan to watch the worst ranked team in college football play in freazing conditions! Go Aggies!

9 comments:

shelley said...

hilarious! i am also a football widow, and michael said about the same thing before this weekend. "do you know what happens this weekend?". no - i'm thinking something nice, like taking me somewhere... "football!" although i'm a big college football fan, too, so i guess i'm a 1/2 widow. but we're getting rid of cable tomorrow - so football will be very limited in our house. we are both in mourning. :)

The Webber's said...

I can definately sympathize! Darren drove us all the way to Vegas to see the last ranked Aggies lose to UNLV and spent the entire day Saturday watching the U and the Y! Fun times in Vegas, right? Don't worry! We will also have season tickets to see the Aggies so we will be there to tough it out with you! I'm glad that I will have someone else to share in the agony!

Brad W said...

Carefull Di. Speak reverently about my Aggies. It takes a real
fan to be an Aggie supporter. We
don't jump ship everytime they lose a game (which is usually every week!) p.s. what was that deal about bottled water....at least I recycle the plastic.....doesn't that count for something?

The Winns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Winns said...

Nothing wrong with staying true to the Aggies, it's time to move on from the Broncos though. Tell Jon to cheer for a real team.

The Cliftens said...

I'll be right up there in Logan with you...my family has SEASON PASSES!!

Chris, Erica, Avva, & Alle Kinnersley said...

Di, That was so funny! Reminds me of my hubby in football season too. What season do we get?

Jessica said...

Did ya read my blog. Argh! I loathe football. but, devin does not wear football jersey's. I shed a tear for you for that fashion faux pas

Andrea said...

Di, love that I found your blog, and I had to comment because this is totally my life, although you are much funnier than I, and it is oh so sad that the Aggies truly are awful, but hopefully it will bring back good memories. You have a cute fam!!