Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A for effort, right..right...

I've been trying, really trying to be crafty. The thing is, I was not born with that right part of my brain (is that the creative side?) Come to think of it maybe I'm missing more than just the right part...I digress...

So, last week I got a little too inspired and took on a few projects:

First there were these creepy little things:

Silvi did enjoy the psycho monkey and called it her "baby sock" for a day. She even took it potty. Although I think she thought they were better purposed for wearing.

Then in an effort to thwart genetics (my mother always starts projects then packs them away for years never to be finished) I focused on finishing some clips for you know who (no, not me).

My last project came a few days later when I picked up my new favorite book from the good Ol' library. (sorry cover your ears kids)"Stich and Bitch" (not pictured below) was very helpful in teaching me how to bind off my knitting project that was close to becoming the never ending scarf and I even started a second scarf.

I have restarted the second scarf 5 or 6 times...but I am knitting my way right past un finished projects and into a hobby. Who knew.... Honestly, we'll see how long it lasts. I just hope it keeps up so I have a snuggly scarf this winter. Nothing like selfish desires to motivate.......

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Those clips look so cute! And you are way craftier than I am. I am working on a scarf too. It takes me forever because I never want to do it! I hope to get it done by Nov. Here's hoping!

Janna said...

You always AMAZE me! I have to have say that the kids were super impressed by the scarf you were working on when you were up here! I thought the sock puppets were AWESOME and the clips - I think I will be placing an order!!

Jessie said...

The clips are adorable!

S said...

I'm very impressed. Much better than anything I could ever come up with.

Chris & Colee said...

Look at you go! I wish I could find my crafty side....it only rears its ugly head when I SERIOUSLY need it. Those clips are adorable! I can't believe how big your munchkin is!

shelley said...

go little knitter go! wish you were here to join our knitting group. i'm working on some halloween "monsters" and a christmas stocking for shaelyn. i'll have to put them on the blog. the stocking is by far the most advanced thing i've ever knitted, so it's taking me a while. i turned around and october was almost here! better get a move on!

Jaynie said...

You are so fun! Love all of your projects.