Friday, June 6, 2008

Dang you Jane Eyre!

My night is ruined. I have an overwhelming amount of reading and work that needs to be done but all I can do is day dream about a Mr. Rochester and a governess, Jane Eyre. Dang it! I knew I wouldn't be able to resist when I saw the netflix envelope on my counter top. I had watched the Masterpiece Theater version (Disc 1) a week or so ago and wanted to cry when I realized that it was a two disc deal. Disc 2 came amid a crazy work schedule and a looming deadline. I put it off as long as I could. I got off today early, Silvi was taking a nap and I had dutifully completed an hours work. After that there was no stopping me. I had to watch Disc 2 and now I'm ruined!
I am an impatient person by nature and my impatience increases when I have the opportunity to step into english romance novels. I can't get enough of them! It gets really pathetic. I'm in a stooper for a day or so after finishing a book or watching a movie. My stooper is complete now. I'm listening to love songs and snuggling with my puppy (since my baby is asleep and my hubby is far away.) I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow rational, cynical and level headed but for now I'll just wallow in dreams of meeting Mr. Rochester and/or Mr. Darcy (I'm not too picky as long as he has an english accent) in a green field where he wisks (yes, I said "wisks") me away to his mansion on the hill.....

4 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

I am the same way! Except I dream of a Colonel Brandon who will wait for me no matter what. I recently saw Becoming Jane and that had me melancholy for a couple of days, but I'm still dreaming of the english countryside. If only husbands would learn that all they have to do is watch a Jane Austen-esque movie and we'll do anything.

shelley said...

i'm head over heels for edward cullen of twilight. where's my meadow, i ask you?! (and in my head, edward has an english accent of sorts...)

Natalie said...

Oh yes Mr. Darcy indeed. Funny post!

Jaynie said...

I'm so glad we will be up north in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to hear Jon's english accent