Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby steps

I'm sitting here watching Berg take brave little steps around the porch. The walking skill seems to have really kicked in today. He's been taking steps since Easter when he spontaneously walked from me to his uncle Curtis, about 5 steps. Curtis, who loves to play with all the babies, was very proud to be the object of Berg's direction.

Since then the interest in walking has come and gone...until today. Today he has been taking off from the furniture toward other objects. At Silvi's school he launched from the picnic bench to where some kids were playing in the mud. Of course, nothing like some dirt and excitment to encourage the kid to go.

Silvi often calls to me to "Come see Berg walk" but its always been him walking hand in hand with her, which of course melts my heart, but not the sight I was planning on seeing when hearing the initial statement. Now I get to exclaim, "Come see Berg walk" as he sets out on the new adventure of Toddlerhood.

A mom can't help but be proud of her growing child!

3 comments:

Brooke :) said...

yeah that is wonderful! We miss seeing little Berg and Silvi. You'll be chasing him soon. :)

Natalie said...

Yay that is so exciting! We hope to be getting there very soon too.

April said...

Di & Jon - I love your blog - I just discovered it - it is sooo fun to see your darling family. The blog thing is definately blogrerwonderous! We need to get all of the Faldmo's going on the blog thing!