Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I think I'm a single mom...

I don't even know how long it has been since I've had my hubby around. He has been in Montana for what seems like an eternity for work. Yes, he's come home for the weekends but it is hard to see any bright spots when I know I'm not going to see him for another 2 weeks.

Not really sure how things will work when he does get home. Once I figure out that life has to go on whether I have help or not I just get to work and seem to manage pretty well. Wait, don't let me fool you, if I had to go out into the workforce and manage the kiddo and house, etc... I'm sure I wouldn't be tooting my horn right now. In fact I was thinking today what a true blessing it is to be home with my little girl. I had been talking with a friend of a friend trying to determine if I could babysit for her. In the end it didn't work out and my heart was breaking when she talked about how hard it was to drop her daughter off every day. I just about started crying. So, where do I get off complaining about being bored, right! No more murmurring from me, mark my words.

Well, maybe just a little more murmurring.

I miss having my husband around....mostly. It is nice to only have to pick up after me and my little tornado. I don't really have to cook either because I'm fine with eating leftovers for days or microwaving a burrito. My laundry loads aren't quite as weighty. The brightest side of being on my own....not having to share the TV. I can watch the Oxygen channel to my hearts content and there is no one there to moan about how lame it is. Actually, come to think of it, it has been a bit of a curse. Usually I don't watch much tv at night and I get to bed at a reasonable hour. Since my unrestrained TV access I get way overstimulated and stay up till...12:14 am. Yikes. I really need Jon to get home. It is not good for (wo)man to be alone!

To wrap up my lonesome rant. Today Silvi said "Daddy, Daddy." I looked around and she was pointing to this picture that I have on the computer desktop. She definitely hasn't forgotten about him.



We miss you Jonny!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That picture of them is sooo cute! I am sorry that Jon has to be out of town so much right now. That really sucks. If you guys were still here we would have you over for dinner so you wouldn't be eating microwavable dinners! Just know we miss you and are thinking about you!

The "D" Family said...

OH, I am so lonely for you. I talked to Daisy, she said you talked and she really likes you. She totally wants to leave Marcella with you! Hopefully it will work out for them in the future! I miss you!
Kel

shelley said...

It's hard to have hubby gone. Michael's been gone more than home these last two months and I too have felt like a single mom. I told my parents my heart goes out to all "real" single moms out there, because after 2 weeks of Michael being gone, I'm going crazy!! Unlike you, the house is MUCH messier with him gone, b/c I don't have the help to clean it up. After Shaelyn goes to bed, Michael and I always split the chores, but when I'm flying solo, it's just me doing everything. Which means that I end up doing chores and going to bed - because by the time I'm done, I'm exhausted. So much for watching all those girly movies I got in my Netflix queue for when Michael's out of town...
But good luck to you! I know it's tough (and tough on Sylvie too).