Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Playhouse


So, one night after seeing Silvia enjoy a little girls play kitchen I decided she should have one too. Only problem is that I didn't want to drop $100 plus bucks on something I wasn't sure she would play with, not to mention I don't have $100...anyway. As I was browsing through a toddler activity book I came across the idea to make a house out of cardboard boxes. Sweet. I have plenty of those! So my journey began. First was the stove. I found some cute retro wrapping paper at the craft store that I used to cover it. I just had to wait until Silvi went to bed so I could Mod Podge it on.



next was the kitchen sink which is a work in progress...

Then, the other day as I was about to throw out a big box, I found Silvi playing in it. So rather than throw it out I decided to turn it into a playhouse. Disclaimer: I am juvenile and got hours of enjoyment out of putting this together (well not a lot of hours, maybe just 2 or 3) but I also knew that it was very likely anything I created could just as easily be destroyed by little hands! So I didn't work too hard on it.




So far Silvia seems to be enjoying it. Now my only problem is not having room for all these boxes lying around the house!



9 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

What fun! And I think they look better than store bought!

The "D" Family said...

DI those are adorable! That little play house is so sweet!!! Addie would love them!!! Maybe I'll have you make one for Addie!! =)

Natalie said...

Cardboard boxes are the best! And they look awesome! Great job Di!

annek said...

Way to go...you are one crafty lady. I am impressed!

shelley said...

Holy Cow! Puts the quiet book to shame. And you did it in a matter of hours...

pamela said...

do not buy kids toys! they only like to play with boxes anyway, and you proved it. nice job!

ps. email me at inmyshoesblog@Hotmail.com so i can invite you to my blog.

The Cliftens said...

Hello Martha Stewart!! See, I would ten times rather spend the $100. But those are so cute! Hey, want to go to the dog park on Monday? Call me or I'll call you. A few of us are getting together to take the dogs and then eat lunch at Liberty Park.

Jessica said...

Di, I need to know what book this idea of yours came from! I unlike Natalie, would rather craft something.
So cute. Keep me posted on the progress. I need to come over and see it.
Good to spend time with you guys today.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute idea. I, on the other hand, bought a kitchen and Alyssa never played with it. Good job.