Thursday, January 22, 2009

Really I wanted to be in bed at 8

I am forcing myself to stay up. I know I'm tired, cranky, achy....but I can't bring myself to go to bed before 9pm...again.... So here I am. Re-checking all the blogs that I checked last night. Luckily there are quite a few out there that are very diligent in updating their blogs and others I caught on the right time. Problem is, its only 9:50. Not quite 10. Do I just swallow my pride, climb in bed, turn on the hypno-birthing cd (although I probably wouldn't need it) and call it a night? Maybe by the time I quite contemplating about it it will be time for bed.

Or, I can push past it and tell you some stories. Then I run the risk of getting all wired. Awe, what the heck.

I had three little girls rubbing their hands all over my belly today. The first, a very inquisitive 4 year old, wanted to see my tummy. I didn't know she wanted to see skin because I was a little taken aback when she proceeded to lift up my shirt. Lucky me I was wearing 4 layers. Yep, 4! It really has become quite a process getting dressed in the morning. First there are the huge preggo unders, then the preggo jeans with huge "secret fit belly" band. I have no idea what is so secret about it. Then another band to help hold my pants up. Then t-shirt. 4 layers!

Well, I got over the shock and my personal boundary issues to allow said 4 year old to disect all the layers to get to belly. Once there all I got was an "oh."

I don't know what I expected. I'm just glad she didn't ask what all the red marks were! How do you explain stretch marks to a kid? I'm still trying to figure those out.

Yep, that was my story. Anti-climatic? yep! That is my life these days. Next time I'll tell you the one about my 2 year old shoving a tutu in my face at 7:30am demanding she be the green fairy. It is actually a continuing saga since Sunday so I'll keep my fingers crossed that we move on to something else then I'll give ya'll the re-cap.

7 comments:

S said...

I'm paying for falling asleep at 9. I could have stayed up, but I just didn't have the willpower. Now it's 3 and I'm checking blogs.

Natalie said...

How do you explain stretch marks. That is one thing I am not looking forward to. I have one little one already!

The Winns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Winns said...

Di, your stories are hilarious. Silvia is so adorable. Let us know if you need help with silvia the last week or first few weeks afterwards. We'd love to come pick her up and take her to the zoo or park sometime while you and baby nap.

shelley said...

what a great midwife you have. so cute to get silvi involved like that. i've never taken shaelyn to any of my appointments because i know exactly how it will go down - shaelyn screaming her guts out the entire time. she's terrified of doctors. and of strangers touching mommy. so i'm jealous of your cute experiences with the midwife.

and why are you trying to stay up later? just go to bed at 8:00. wish i could!!

Natalie said...

I feel pathetic for not knowing you were pregnant! So, congrats!

Jessica said...

Glad you found the pregnancy underwear. I my sister found them in the sell bin ant Big Lots. She looked at me and told me I needed them. I laughed my head of, but thought for .50, what the hell. LOVE THEM