Friday, July 25, 2008

Spoiled but not rotten...yet

Miss Silvia turned two last week. Wow, I never envisioned my life raising a two year old but so far it is going better than expected. We ended up having a cookout/party for her even though I had planned on only doing cake with the family. I got a little guilt trip from my mom because "we were in North Carolina for her first birthday."

So we had a few friends come over and it was a lot of fun. Silvia and her mini friends ran around the yard and were making a game out of climbing up the steps and rolling a ball down them, then repeating that a few more times.



Then it was on to presents and cakes. Here is where the spoiling really went into over-drive. Jon did a pretty good job of restraining me, but no one could restrain my mom and sister.















Just from them she got a play kitchen (out with the old cardboard one I guess!) and a baby doll with tons of accessories! Now I'm not complaining because since she received this showering of gifts she has been pleasently occupied in her play room. It was just a bit overwhelming.

Jon and my gift to her was a trike. It turned out to be the hit of the party with all the girls taking turns on it.




















Needless to say, we all had a great time. We ended the night with some cupcakes and ice cream which some how avoided melting to pieces in the heat.

















Luckily (for my waist line and silvia's attitude) birthdays only come along once a year!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Awww. I was sad we couldn't make it, but it looks like a big success! She'll love that trike, and you'll love little neighborhood walks with it. Don't worry about the spoilage....it only happens a few times a year.

S said...

Dianne! I haven't looked at your blog in the longest time, and now you're on blogspot. And Silvia is two! Holy cow! I think you're not a part of my blog anymore, did I accidentally delete you or do you un-sign up. Not like you want to be a part of my blog...I can't believe you were in NC for Silvia's first birthday, what were you thinking?!?! And why the heck aren't you here now!!!!

Janna said...

So cute! I bet you were sad to get rid of the cardboard kitchen! That was so cute! I bet this one may be a bit stronger!! We wished we were a bit closer for these occasions - Seems like yesterday we came to see Silvi when you just came home from the hospital with her! She is DARLING and we love her!

The Cliftens said...

I forgot to mention at lunch that we were in Newport and couldn't come. Looks like you had a great time! I can't believe she is already 2!!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to Silvia! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Jessica said...

I wish we could have been there. She looks so cute and grown up! Lets get the girls together soon.

Rob and Jenn said...

So I decided to blog hop for the first time today and I came across yours. Your little two-year-old is adorable. Hope you don't mind me snooping! Looks like you guys are doing great.
Jenny (Castleberry) Harris