Monday, August 18, 2008

Did I teach you the alphabet??


Tonight in the tub Silvi asked for her foam letters, as she calls them "her a,b,c's". Obligingly I dumped all 26 into the tub then looked on in amazement as she started pulling out letters and calling them by name. "O", "E", "R" were just blurted out. Did I miss something? Was there a sesame street episode that my daughter watched that I am unaware of (note: we don't watch sesame street). I know I didn't sit down and go over her letters with her, although I am planning on doing more learning activities since I've discover the true meaning of "a child's mind is like a sponge."

Needless to say, I was very proud, quite shocked, and a little embarassed that my daughter is picking up on her ABC's without much help from me. I thought the ABC song was something to work on....

This blog post was brought to you by the letter "O". (Silvia's favorite)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow. That is great! What a smart cookie! I love that picture by the way. Brings me back to Sesame Street Days.

Janna said...

Little Silvia is Brilliant! And just SO super cute! We love her!