Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Impulse shopping

We have those weaknesses right? For some it's shoes, a bag, even going crazy at Target (my usual). Last night I decided I couldn't wait anymore and that this purchase was justified enough to put on the ol' credit card.

Diapers. Yep, diapers. I finally just went for it and bought diapers. These aren't any run of the mill diapers. I have been supporting Pampers for way too long and only have enough rewards to get a childrens book. So, enough Pampers. I've moved on to the lovely, environmentally, finacially friendly cloth diapers. The funny thing is, I didn't even get the new 21st century diapers that are all the rage. I went ahead and got the fold-um up and pin-um diapers that my mom used on me. Nostalgia, maybe? Everyone says they are easy to use and a great, in-expensive way to see if cloth diapering will work for you. Which brings us to last night. I was wasting time online and started to browse the much longed for diaper sites and decided to do it. I'm really excited. I should receive my diap's in 5-10 days and hopefully baby boy isn't too far behind.




I know I'm a little crazy especially because I loathe laundry, but after I thought about the amount of diapers that I threw away in Silvi's 2 plus years of wearing disposables I can't justify the waste anymore. Plus, look how stinking cute that bum is!

So, here's to cloth diapers, environmental sustainability and let's not leave out credit cards!

P.S. Hubby doesn't know yet. I think I'll wait for him to help me open the package when delivered....or maybe our monthly statement.

9 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

I'm doing cloth diapers with the next one too! So let me know how these work out- I have yet to actually sit down and do the research on the different types.

Jessie said...

You'll love them, Di! Email me if you have any more ?'s. So what initial will you be embroidering on Baby Olson's Bum?

Natalie said...

I always feel so guilty ordering stuff without running it by David. I could never use cloth diapers though. More power to you!

Janna said...

I'm so glad I am past the diaper stage - you inspire me and if I were still having babies - I would be stressed knowing you were using cloth and I were contributing to the landfills! I'm excited to see how this new/old way of cloth diapers goes! Can't wait for the arrival of that new baby!

Unknown said...

I am also looking into the idea. I think that I like the bum genus 3 because one diaper will adjust to every size. It is an investment up front, but it is paid off in a couple months. I will call you for moral support. Good luck!
Steph

Jaynie said...

That is so great! Those diapers do look pretty cute. You are getting so close...can't wait to hear the big announcement! Happy Valentines! We love you guys!

The Winns said...

That is something I would be interested in looking into. Diapers are just so expensive. Let me know what you think, I wonder what Jesse would think about it. Probably not a fan, as most men would react. Good Luck. We couldn't come up this weekend, too busy with work schedules. Hopefully this week, If not, we'll just leave it on your doorstep. Hope you're doing ok!

shelley said...

got the email. congrats on baby!! so adorable. you'll have to let us know how the cloth diapers work out. and seriously, how expensive is expensive?

Dar_2303 said...

Good luck Di with the diapers! If it can save money it is worth it. I love the idea of returning to the way I did diapers! Love, Grandma Olson